Skip to main content

Review: Rockin'Rollers haircurlers

Sleeping (curly haired) beauty?

So what if you're a bit clumsy and never went to beauty school (aka youtube tutorials)?

That's where I'll chime in with a few reviews and do's and don'ts that I learn along the way.

When it comes to hair, most pin ups wore curly hair with either victory rolls, betty page bangs or other specific styles. But if you don't have a natural afro, there are a lot of different ways to curl your hair.

My hair situation:


If you relate to my "hair situation" below, these reviews and tips might be for you :-)

I'm a very low maintenance and no styling products - kind of person. I couldn't bother to wash and style my hair every morning before work (I'd rather sleep!).
Neither do I like using heat (curling iron) on my hair, as I have naturally thin hair that I've been dyeing for the last 8 years, so I don't want to damage it anymore than I need to.

In short: my approach to hair is clumsy, minimum effort, minimum products.
Sounds good?

Rockin'Rollers Review Sleeping curly haired beautyLet's review the Rockin'Rollers haircurlers!

The big idea of the product: 


Idea is that you twist your hair around a curler and click/snap it into place. You can link the curlers together to make them more secure, as they hold each other up.
These curlers are meant to be worn to bed, overnight. 
So when you go to bed with wet hair, you wake up with beautiful curls the next morning.

Bonuspoint:

The product comes with a little booklet with different hairstyles and tips/ brief tutorials. 

Here's also a good video tutorial I've found, so you can see them in action. 

The reality of the product: 

The curlers are soft and you'll probably get the hang of how to apply them, rather quickly. 
I had some issues with making sure that my hair was not caught in the snap lock, but other than that, they require little technique.

I applied them to wet, just washed hair, without any styling product. Aux naturel ;-)
Memoirs of a geisha (2005)

After putting in the curlers, I put a tea towel over my head (for lack of decent breathing hair scarf), so that they would stay in during the night.  

I've slept with these curlers more than once, and while it feels a bit weird at first, they are soft and foamy, so they don't hurt. 


The morning after: 

I could tell that my hair had volume and curls, albeit weird curls. My hair had loosened up during the night and was set in a sharp and weird angle. 

I also wore the curlers during the day, and just air dried my hair over 3-4 hours, so as to avoid this mistake. 
But I had to be really careful in my movements (no vacuum cleaning or stretching), so as not to have my hair loosen from the curlers.


The verdict: Not short-hair proof

The curlers seem like a good fit for someone who has, at least, shoulder length hair.


These curlers might be short hair-proof if you put in a lot of extra pins to secure the curlers. 
If you have longer hair, your hair will naturally hold up the curlers on its own.

So if you'd like to put in minimum effort and simply sleep your way to the curly pin up hair, and have at least shoulder length hair, then this might be the product for you. 
But it is not the product for me/my thin hair.

Let me know in the comments what you do to curl your hair, and if this review was helpful :-) 

red lips pin me up buttercup






- Buttercup, the imperfect pin up 

Comments